Nothing beats a a true handmade margarita, provided you get the ingredients right. I was inspired by the Organic Agave Margarita and watched closely as the bartender mixed one up. Then I discussed ingredients with one of the Managers at On The Border and came up with a recipe that really gets the job done for me.
Here is what you will need:
1. Tequila of your choice
2. Three medium to large sized limes
3. Lime squeezing tool
4. Agave Nectar (available at grocery stores)
5. A shaker with measurement marks
1. Cut three limes in half and squeeze the juice into the shaker. You should be able to get about 3 ounces.
2. Add 1 ounce of Agave Nectar
3. Add 1 ounce of your favorite tequila - premium brands result in better flavoring
4. Cap the shaker and hand shake for about 5 seconds.
5. Pour over ice into a glass.
1. I found Agave Nectar in local grocery stores, but it took some effort. One store had it in the International Foods area. Another had it inventoried with Organic products. Still another store had it near the honey.
2. Add a floater of Grand Marnier or Patron Citronage for added flavor.3. Bigger is not necessarily better with limes. Too large and they don't fit in the squeezing tool properly.